Why did Arpit Agrawal choose to work at Tower Research Capital LLC instead of going abroad?

Because he can earn way more in India!
Let me tell you the real picture. I assume that ‘abroad’ means Bay Area (which isn’t a bad assumption)
A typical engineer in Bay Area receives $100,000 as salary. The tax rate in the Bay Area is 35% (40% in San Francisco city). So you are left with $65,000. Even for a shack like house, you will have to pay $20,000 as rent in the Bay area (find out yourself!). So you now have $45,000.
$1 = Rs. 67 (roughly), but the actual value of $1 is Rs. 30. For example, a Rs.450 pizza in India will cost about $15 in the Bay Area. So, $45,000 is less than Rs. 15 lakh in India.
Tower research capital pays Rs. 40 lakh per annum.
Of course he will be paying a tax of 30% on that income of 30 lakhs (in India, you pay 30% tax on whatever you earn above 10 lakhs). But even after deducting taxes and other expenses, he will be saving more than what he saves in the Bay Area.
How did I get those stats?
I stayed in the Bay Area for 3 months for my internship (May 2016 - July 2016) and I investigated a lot about this (I too had to make this decision of staying in India vs staying in US).
Also, promotions in the Bay area are hard because the competition is way too tough.
You will be staying away from family and home. You will be cooking food yourself. You will be doing almost everything yourself. Some might think of this as ‘moving out of comfort zone’, but my stay of 3 months made me realize that I will prefer staying in my comfort zone in India.
Overall if you try to sum it up, it is not worth.
At least this is the result of my investigation of 3 months.
PS: those 1 crore packages are all fake. Media needs to show spicy stuff to audience. There are no 1 crore packages. None. Any news that claims of someone getting a crore package is incomplete because 1 crore isn't the base salary. It includes '1 time’ stocks and shares which can be used only after you've spent certain number of years (3 - 5) in the company.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How is Vajiram and Ravi for IAS preparation?

Best book list every topper should read.

HOW MANY SEATS UPSC WILL RELEASE THIS YEAR 2019?